Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
tigerlab is one of the fastest-growing insurance software companies in the world with offices in Europe and an innovation hub in Kuala Lumpur. We help insurance companies to build software that promotes efficiencies and effectiveness throughout their value chain. Founded in 2008 by Tobias Bergman, we are a team of 50+ people from 10+ countries, dedicated to pushing insurance forward through transforming insurance companies digitally.
About the Job
We are searching for a skilled programmer who is responsible to write a world-class code to build software that our clients depend on and love. Your primary focus will be writing and testing code, debugging programs, and integrating applications with third-party web services.
- Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code.
- Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications.
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server-side logic.
- Implementation of security and data protection.
- Integration of data storage solutions.
- 3+ years of experience as a python developer is preferred.
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor’s Degree/Post-Graduate Diploma/Professional Degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- Hands-on experience with Django, Django Rest Framework, Flask, or other Python frameworks.
- Good understanding of RESTful APIs.
- Good understanding of domain driven design.
- Good understanding of server-side templating languages such as Jinja 2, Mako, etc
- Familiarity with some ORM (Object Relational Mapper) libraries
- Able to integrate multiple data sources and databases into one system.
- Understanding of the threading limitations of Python, and multi-process architecture.
- Understanding of accessibility and security compliance.
- Knowledge of user authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments.
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application.
- Able to create database schemas that represent and support business processes.
- Strong unit test and debugging skills.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools Git.
- Experience in implementing and using project methodologies Agile and Scrum methodologies.
- Strong communication skills to effectively collaborate with the team.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing instructions and requirements.
This is why you should join us
- We believe good work equipment can improve productivity and work efficiency. So, we provide a Macbook to each of our employees.
- We value top talent and we pay competitively because they deserve to be well remunerated.
- We never compromise on coffee. We have a coffee machine that can grind beans and brew a well-balanced cup of coffee before you start your day!
- We have a casual dress code and you won’t get fired if you insist on wearing formal wear.
- Our office is located at a golden location. It is easily accessible (MRT & Bus) and you’ll be overwhelmed by the choices of food.
- You will work with the smartest and most passionate people from over 10 nationalities.
- You get a rare opportunity to build a software that pushes the oldest and largest industry forward, in one of the most exciting and fastest-growing regions in the world.
Your application must include
- Your resume in PDF format.
Submit your Application