tigerlab is one of the fastest-growing insurance software companies in the world with offices in Europe and an innovation hub in Kuala Lumpur. We help insurance companies to build software that promotes efficiencies and effectiveness throughout their value chain. Founded in 2008 by Tobias Bergman, we are a team of 50+ people from 10+ countries, dedicated to pushing insurance forward through transforming insurance companies digitally.
About the Job
We are searching for a skilled programmer who is responsible to write a world-class code to build software that our clients depend on and love. Your primary focus will be writing and testing code, debugging programs, and integrating applications with third-party web services.
- Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code.
- Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications.
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server-side logic.
- Implementation of security and data protection.
- Integration of data storage solutions.
- 3+ years of experience as a python developer is preferred.
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor’s Degree/Post-Graduate Diploma/Professional Degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- Hands-on experience with Django, Django Rest Framework, Flask, or other Python frameworks.
- Good understanding of RESTful APIs.
- Good understanding of domain driven design.
- Good understanding of server-side templating languages such as Jinja 2, Mako, etc
- Familiarity with some ORM (Object Relational Mapper) libraries
- Able to integrate multiple data sources and databases into one system.
- Understanding of the threading limitations of Python, and multi-process architecture.
- Understanding of accessibility and security compliance.
- Knowledge of user authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments.
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application.
- Able to create database schemas that represent and support business processes.
- Strong unit test and debugging skills.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools Git.
- Experience in implementing and using project methodologies Agile and Scrum methodologies.
- Strong communication skills to effectively collaborate with the team.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing instructions and requirements.
This is why you should join us
- Be part of a fast-growing SME where our jobs are sustainable AND you will be able to make real contributions and impact to the insure-tech industry.
- You have the opportunity to incorporate and adapt new ideas and concepts to move forward one of the oldest and
largest industry in the aim of becoming one of the worlds best insurance software company.
- Our People – For real! We take pride in our diverse employees of over 10 nationalities
who are some of the smartest and most passionate people you will ever meet.
- You like to pursue your hobbies and spend time with your family?- We have flexible working hours and opportunities to Work From Home
- Looking for a modern and exciting work environment?- We have a casual dress code, monthly townhall lunches,
monthly celebrations, game night events and more! As the saying goes, ‘All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy’.
- Have a brilliant idea you would like to share with us? We have an open-door policy and our employees have their own platform to give feedback,
ideas & opinions all with the option of ANONYMITY- We may be a tech company, but behind every tech device is a human, and we value human thoughts.
- Not only will our employees be paid competitively, we also recognize and reward your achievements –
Employee of The Month programs and etc. Let’s strive together to achieve excellence!
- Macbooks for all our employees! – Good equipment equals better productivity and efficiency, besides, who wouldn’t want a Macbook?
- Never worry about accessibility as our office is connected to the MRT and you will be spoilt for choices of food as
1 Utama shopping mall is only a 10 mins walk away.
- Hope you love the smell of coffee brewing in the mornings coz we have free-flow of coffee for all you coffee lovers!
Your application must include
- Your resume in PDF format.