tigerlab is one of the fastest-growing insurance software companies in the world with offices in Europe and an innovation hub in Kuala Lumpur. We help insurance companies to build software that promotes efficiencies and effectiveness throughout their value chain. Founded in 2008 by Tobias Bergman, we are a team of 50+ people from 10+ countries, dedicated to pushing insurance forward through transforming insurance companies digitally.
About the Job
As our Operations Lead you are part of the glue that holds the organisation together. You are responsible for people, operations and project delivery. The job is hard work but extremely rewarding, with demonstrable results and a real impact on people as well as business outcomes. You will have a view across the entire organisation and be in a unique position to influence the performance and direction of the company.
You will be in charge of providing inspired leadership for the operation, which involves making important strategic decisions, as well as the development and implementation of operational policies and procedures. You will also promote a company culture that encourages collaboration and performance.
On a company level:
- Provide inspired leadership for the organization.
- Lead change and continuous improvement
- Represent the Operations team at the management level
- Make important planning and strategy decisions.
- Ensure key performance indicators (KPIs) are in place and targets are met.
- Help promote a company culture that encourages top performance and collaboration.
- Oversee reporting and planning.
- Work with stakeholders in management to determine values and mission, and plan for short and long-term goals.
- Identify and address problems and opportunities across the company.
- Support all functions of the business to work together.
On a team level:
- Lead the Operations team.
- Develop, implement, and review operational plans and procedures.
- Support employee communication with the management team.
- Select, engage, develop, coach and counsel employees.
- Make sure that all your staff have everything they need to complete their roles and are happy doing so.
- Communicate job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising and reviewing job contributions.
You will bring
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent).
- Previous experience in management, operations, and leadership.
- Background in Insurance, Insuretech, Finance, and/or Technology is a big plus.
- Experience in implementing and using project methodologies Agile and Scrum methodologies.
- A focus on people over process.
- The ability to build consensus and relationships among managers, partners, and employees.
- Ideas on how to support and improve a team of hard-working operations professionals delivering complicated projects within tight deadlines.
- The ability to drive action and a willingness to experiment.
- The ability to voice your opinions and ideas clearly.
- Your skills as a team player.
- The willingness to learn from mistakes..
- The energy to drive your ideas forward and get others onboard.
- Project Management and/or Scrum certification (PMP, PSM, CSM or equivalent) is a big plus.
Skills you’ll need
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent).
- People management
- Critical thinking
- Problem solving
- Decision making
- Planning and organizing
- Conflict management
This is why you should join us
- We believe good work equipment can improve productivity and work efficiency. So, we provide a Macbook to each of our employees.
- We value top talent and we pay competitively because they deserve to be well remunerated.
- We never compromise on coffee. We have a coffee machine that can grind beans and brew a well-balanced cup of coffee before you start your day!
- We have a casual dress code and you won’t get fired if you insist on wearing formal wear.
- Our office is located at a golden location. It is easily accessible (MRT & Bus) and you’ll be overwhelmed by the choices of food.
- You will work with the smartest and most passionate people from over 10 nationalities.
- You get a rare opportunity to build a software that pushes the oldest and largest industry forward, in one of the most exciting and fastest-growing regions in the world.
Your application must include
- Your resume in PDF format, not longer than 3 pages.
- A 1 page motivational letter which tells us why you want to work for us, and gives examples of your skills that will help you excel in the role.