tigerlab is one of the fastest-growing insurance software companies in the world with offices in Europe and an innovation hub in Kuala Lumpur. We help insurance companies to build software that promotes efficiencies and effectiveness throughout their value chain. Founded in 2008 by Tobias Bergman, we are a team of 50+ people from 10+ countries, dedicated to pushing insurance forward through transforming insurance companies digitally.
About the Job
We are searching for an experienced React front end web developer who is passionate about delivering the best possible user experience within our website and web application. You will help to deliver front-end code design, development, and deployment.
- Developing new user-facing features using React.js
- Building reusable components and frontend libraries for future use
- Translating designs and wireframes into high-quality code
- Design and implement, testable, efficient code using the best software development practices. Along with the ability to integrate with third-party systems.
- Work with the team (backend developers & head of the project) to gain a good understanding and implement clients’ requirements.
- Debugging and fixing functional, logical, and UI/UX related bugs.
- Create a user interface by using standard HTML/CSS practices.
- Create & maintain software documentation.
- The ability to keep up-to-date with technologies/industry trends so they can be applied to operations and activities.
- 3+ years experience with React is preferred.
- Thorough understanding of React.js and its core principles
- Experience with popular React.js workflows (such as Flux or Redux)
- Experience in Test Driven Development environment and the use of unit testing suites such as: Jest, Karma, Protractor, Jasmine, Mocha, QUnit
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor’s Degree/Post-Graduate Diploma/Professional Degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- Strong expertise with HTML, CSS, and writing cross-browser compatible code.
- Experience with RESTful services.
- Familiar with test-driven development and testing frameworks.
- Experience in implementing and using project methodologies Agile and Scrum methodologies.
- Strong communication skills to effectively collaborate with the team.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing instructions and requirements.
Optional Nice to haves
- Experience in Angular (version 4 and above) and Typescript.
- Familiar with agile project methodologies (Scrum).
This is why you should join us
- Be part of a fast-growing SME where our jobs are sustainable AND you will be able to make real contributions and impact to the insure-tech industry.
- You have the opportunity to incorporate and adapt new ideas and concepts to move forward one of the oldest and
largest industry in the aim of becoming one of the worlds best insurance software company.
- Our People – For real! We take pride in our diverse employees of over 10 nationalities
who are some of the smartest and most passionate people you will ever meet.
- You like to pursue your hobbies and spend time with your family?- We have flexible working hours and opportunities to Work From Home
- Looking for a modern and exciting work environment?- We have a casual dress code, monthly townhall lunches,
monthly celebrations, game night events and more! As the saying goes, ‘All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy’.
- Have a brilliant idea you would like to share with us? We have an open-door policy and our employees have their own platform to give feedback,
ideas & opinions all with the option of ANONYMITY- We may be a tech company, but behind every tech device is a human, and we value human thoughts.
- Not only will our employees be paid competitively, we also recognize and reward your achievements –
Employee of The Month programs and etc. Let’s strive together to achieve excellence!
- Macbooks for all our employees! – Good equipment equals better productivity and efficiency, besides, who wouldn’t want a Macbook?
- Never worry about accessibility as our office is connected to the MRT and you will be spoilt for choices of food as
1 Utama shopping mall is only a 10 mins walk away.
- Hope you love the smell of coffee brewing in the mornings coz we have free-flow of coffee for all you coffee lovers!
Your application must include
- Your resume in PDF format.